This year's summer school is already over.
However, we are looking forward to next year:
AEMS will take place end of July - early August.
Application for AEMS 2020 will open in December 2019 via an online-form on this homepage.
Please be sure to check us back then! :)
If you experience problems with the application form, please try a different browser or update the one you are using.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before applying.
Information about the program fee can be found here. We also cooperate with companies and organizations to provide student grants to outstanding applicants in need of financial aid.
Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems is an academic course. If completed successfully, BOKU-students or "MitbelegerInnen" from other Austrian universities acquire 5 ECTS credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). Foreign students get a BOKU certificate that needs to be acknowledged by your home university. You can find more information about this here.
Please apply through our online application system. For a successful procedure you are required to complete all fields and to upload the following information:
1. A brief motivational statement of how you want to contribute to a sustainable development (daily routines, projects that you would like to implement, positions you want to hold or held already, etc.). Type your motivational statement directly into the application form
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Photo of yourself (for the student info package)
4. A scan or photo of the picture page of your passport
5. Grade transcript of home university
- Your contract partner is the OeAD-Housing Office. By submitting your application you agree to the General Terms and Conditions and automatically start the nomination process. You acknowledge that the Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of Submission.
Criteria and process
We are an equal opportunity provider of international education on sustainable development and will never discriminate on nationality, race, religion, physical handicaps or any attributes of this nature. As we are aiming at a heterogeneous group of people from a variety of backgrounds we highly encourage students from all fields of studies and work to apply.
The following key elements of your application will be taken into account:
1. motivation and commitment for participation
2. academic standing
3. work experience
4. international experience
5. knowledge of languages
Nomination as participant
After receiving your application we will immediately begin with the screening of your documents and get in touch with you if essential information or additional data is needed in order to check your eligibility.
Admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent after the end of the regular application period. Exceptions include outstanding applicants that need to apply for a visa.
Admitted students will receive a nomination via email. Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination. (You will receive the payment details together with the nomination.)
Our Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the programm starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the programm starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the programm.
After your nomination you will be asked to submit the following data:
- Signed and scanned Waiver of Liability
- Optional: proof of health insurance coverage (e.g. travel insurance) details of your arrival in Vienna (this is relevant for housing)
Questions? For further information please contact us - Mail: email@example.com