Costs & Scholarships
Fee for the Online-AEMS
Regular participation: EUR 990,– (incl. VAT)
Scholarship recipient: EUR 490,- (incl. VAT)
Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems is an academic course. If completed successfully, BOKU-students or "MitbelegerInnen" from other Austrian universities acquire 5 ECTS credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). Foreign students get a BOKU certificate that needs to be acknowledged by your home university. You can find more information about this here.
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organizations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Thanks to this sponsorship program we're able to offer regular participation to selected students for a reduced fee of EUR 490,- (incl. VAT).
Be sure to apply before 12 July 2020.
Included in this fee:
- Certificate of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU University) for 5 ECTS
- Exclusive online access to world class experts in the field through lectures, live sessions and personal exchanges
- Access to tailored content and specialized documentation prepared by experts especially for the program
- Dedicated staff to support on all aspects and answer your queries for the whole duration of the program
- Special offer*: Spend one summer week in one of our fully furnished student guest houses in Vienna within the next two years – for free!
*AEMS2020 participants are entitled to a full week of accommodation in OeAD dormitories, potentially redeemable in July and August 2021 or 2022 as the global travel situation allows.
After the application
After a successful application you will be contacted via email. Admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent starting Mid-May. Regular participants will be frequently updated on their current status, as well.
Admitted students will receive a nomination via email. Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination. (You will receive the payment details together with the nomination.)
Our Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the programm starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the programm starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the programm.
Students are offered accommodation in a resource efficient dormitory during July and August 2021/2022 as stated above (rooms reserved in an OeAD-dorm). The accommodation provides be single rooms in living communities and is fully furnished with:
- personal kitchen box (dishes, cutlery and cookware)
- TV (free cable TV)
- telephone (passive, active only with calling card)
- free high-speed internet access (LAN)
- bedding (blanket, pillow, bed linen)
The rooms will be cleaned on a regular basis by our cleaning service. You'll also find laundry facilities and a communal space with free Wi-Fi on site.
Please be aware that costs for damages and missing furniture will have to be covered.