Costs & Scholarships
Regular participation: EUR 1.390,– (incl. VAT)
Scholarship recipient: EUR 490,- (incl. VAT)
Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems is an academic course. If completed successfully, BOKU-students or "MitbelegerInnen" from other Austrian universities acquire 5 ECTS credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). Foreign students get a BOKU certificate that needs to be acknowledged by your home university. You can find more information about this here.
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organizations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Thanks to this sponsorship program we're able to offer regular participation to selected students for a reduced fee of EUR 490,- (incl. VAT).
The deadline for scholarship applications already ended on April 22, 2019. However, you might still qualify for unclaimed or additional slots.
Included in this fee:
- All costs for the lecturers and lecture hall reservations
- Fully furnished accommodation in an OeAD student dormitory with an option to extend the stay an extra week at no extra cost
- Local transit tickets for the duration of the summer university
- All costs related to lecture-related activities (trip to IIASA in Laxenburg)
- One dinner at a typical Austrian restaurant together with all other students
- Evening events as shown in the programme, including one movie night
- Some light refreshments during the lectures
- Full support from local program manager and tutors.
All participants must pay for the following:
- Travel tickets to Vienna
- Insurances (health and household insurance)
- Food and laundry during their stay in Austria
- Costs for obtaining a visa for Austria, if needed
In addition to regular participation and in response to a large number of requests there will also be the possibility to join single days of the program. This aims at anyone who is interested in economic and monetary reform, but unable to participate for the whole duration of the Summer School. Please be aware that the fee covers only the attendance of lectures, workshops and discussions, and that you won't receive a BOKU certificate and/or ECTS credits.
One-day ticket students EUR 100,- (incl. VAT)
One-day ticket non-students EUR 130,- (incl. VAT)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
After the application
After a successful application you will be contacted via email. Admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent after the end of the regular application period:
- Scholarship-recipients will receive a notification until early May.
- Regular participants will be frequently updated on their current status.
Admitted students will receive a nomination via email. Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination. (You will receive the payment details together with the nomination.)
Our Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the programm starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the programm starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the Programm.
Students will be provided with accommodations in a resource efficient dormitory (rooms are reserved in an OeAD dorm). The accommodations will be single rooms in living communities and fully furnished with:
- personal kitchen box (dishes, cutlery and cookware)
- TV (free cable TV)
- telephone (passive, active only with calling card)
- free high-speed internet access (LAN)
- bedding (blanket, pillow, bed linen)
The rooms will be cleaned on a regular basis by our cleaning service. You'll also find laundry facilities and a communal space with free Wi-Fi on site.
Please be aware that costs for damages and missing furniture will have to be covered.