Green.Building.Solutions. goes Online for its 10th anniversary!
This year, our award winning GBS Summer University will take place Online from July 18th – August 9th, 2020!
During these challenging times, we remain strongly committed to bringing world class knowledge on sustainable buildings, passive houses and renewable energies to an ever expanding international audience of students and professionals.
Highlights of the GBS-Online 2020 program:
- Inspiring talks about sustainable architecture, ecological building alternatives, passive house technologies, renewable energy production and integrated urban planning
- Virtual onsite tours guided by experts demonstrating Vienna’s best practices in low energy housing
- Engaging building simulation workshops (Sefaira and Polysun)
- Interdisciplinary real life case study project work in international groups with dedicated tutorship
- Official certificate worth 7 ECTS from the BOKU University upon completion of the program
More good news:
- Reduced participation fees down to 990 Euro (costs for eligible scholarship holders remain at 490 Euro)
- GBS-Online 2020 participants get the chance to stay in one of our student guesthouses in Vienna one summer week in 2021 or 2022 for free!
- Live sessions will take place in English language between 13:00 and 18:00 Central European Time (CET). Have a look at what a typical day with GBS looks like for more information.
- Deadlines are approaching fast and allocation of the scholarships is already ongoing, so act today to secure your spot!
Have we raised your interest? Are you looking for an outstanding learning experience? Do you want to take part in a unique tertiary master-level summer-program? We are looking for future leaders, motivated individuals and all students who are eager to learn and make a change.
Registration is possible until 12 July 2020.
Please find more information about the application procedure down below. Read our General Terms and Conditions before applying.
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organisations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Selected students could participate in the program for as little as Euro 490,–.
Scholarships are awarded based on the below criteria:
- Master level studies in relevant fields
- Quality of academic results (grade average, study progress)
- Demonstrated experience in architecture, engineering, planning and other relevant fields
- Very good English language skills
- Motivation for participation
Make sure to apply before 12 July 2020 to be eligible for our scholarship program!
Attention! Note that, in order to receive 7 ECTS from our partner university, the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU), you Need to apply before 26 June 2020!!
Please be aware that you only can apply for a scholarship if you are currently a student (and not a professional / employee). If you are working full time, talk to your manager about your professional development and the opportunity to participate in GBS. Many employers are very interested to invest in the continuous education of their workforce, and then benefit directly from the knowledge you acquire in the course.
Find more information on how to apply for a scholarship here:
For application, please keep your documents ready and register online via our online registration form.
We strongly recommend to apply as early as possible.
An exciting interdisciplinary project is a vital part of GBS for our 10th anniversary. Participants are in for a treat and will be able to work on the Otto-Wagner-Areal, an important Heritage site in Vienna, in which a major research project is conducted by the Central European University in cooperation with Schöberl & Pöll GmbH, Lang Consulting, OeAD Housing, TU Wien, BMK and FFG Forschung wirkt.
See here some examples of architectural design works of previous GBS students:
We understand you might have some questions related to the new format, or about your capacity to participate. If you are unsure about anything, get in touch with us, we will do everything in our power to help you in your journey!
For further information please feel free to contact us.
All the best for your application and we are looking forward to having you on board with us!