Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems - the summer school goes Online in 2020!
This year, the AEMS program brings you into an immersive online experience, taking place from July 20th to August 7th 2020 in a digital form!
During these globally challenging times, exploring different approaches and new ideas is more important than ever – and especially with regards to the current growth-based economy and unstable financial system. Therefore, we are strongly committed to shine a light on alternative trains of thought. We'll take a look at many concepts that are already implemented at global scale!
Highlights of the AEMS-Online 2020 program:
Exciting lectures and exchanges on:
- How can financial markets serve the broader interests of society rather than to dominate them?
- What are solutions to the financial crisis triggered by COVID-19?
- What are alternatives to the current economic and monetary system?
- What role do the economic and financial systems play in the global climate crisis?
- Official certificate worth 5 ECTS from BOKU University upon completion of the program
- Interdisciplinary project work in international groups under guidance from climate expert Helga Kromp-Kolb
More good news:
- Reduced participation fees down to 990 Euro (costs for eligible scholarship holders remain at 490 Euro)
- AEMS-Online 2020 participants get the chance to stay in one of our student guesthouses in Vienna one summer week in 2021 or 2022 for free!
- Live sessions will take place in English language between 13:00 and 18:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST).
- Deadlines are approaching fast and allocation of the scholarships is already ongoing, so act today to secure your spot!
Have we made you curious? The AEMS summer school is open to students and professionals from all fields who strive to create a more just and green future. Are you looking for a unique education program with a holistic approach to the topic? Then look no further!
Registration is possible until July 12, 2020.
Please find more information about the application procedure down below. Read our General Terms and Conditions before applying.
Costs & Student Scholarship Program
Regular participation fee: Euro 990,-
Application until 12 July 2020.
We cooperate with several companies and organisations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Selected students can participate in the program for as little as Euro 490,–.
Scholarships are awarded based on the below criteria:
- Financial need
- Motivation letter
- Very good command of English
- Minimum academic level: pre-university (A-level)
For application, please keep your documents ready and register online via our online registration form.
Find more information on how to apply for a scholarship here:
We strongly recommend to apply as early as possible.
Spirit of AEMS
The tallest mountain starts with the smallest stone, as they say. Change, too, starts with small movements.
AEMS already counts more than 200 Alumni - a growing family every year! These highly motivated people burn with the desire to drive forward global changes that will help make life better for all of us! It is precisely this spirit, that we would like to see spreading in the world - the spirit of AEMS!
And this spirit is not exclusively limited to this Viennese Summer School - far from it. Events dedicated to making the economic systems more just and stopping climate change take place all around the world - and we're inspired by that movement. Find out more through the below links!
We understand you might have some questions related to the new format, or about your capacity to participate. If you are unsure about anything, get in touch with us, we will do everything in our power to help you on your journey!
Contact us here.
All the best for your application and we are looking forward to having you on board with us!