Provided Services & Social Activities
Included in your participation fee:
- Certificate showing 7 ECTS and the modules of the curriculum after a successful completion*
- Exclusive online access to world class experts in the field through lectures, live sessions and personal exchanges
- Realization of a real life case study through project work, guided by involved Austrian professionals
- Access to tailored content and specialized documentation prepared by experts especially for the program
- Dedicated staff to support on all aspects and answer your queries for the whole duration of the program
- Accommodation in a fully furnished student guest house in Vienna during the entire three-week GBS in 2021 PLUS one extra week for free!**
- Special goodie: If you can’t come to Vienna in 2021 you will get a voucher for a stay in one of the OeAD student guesthouses for two summer weeks in 2022 – for free!
*Students who have applied until April 12th, 2021 will additionally receive an official university certificate on 7 ECTS-credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). If you are not sure about the crediting at your home university, please make sure to clarify this in advance.
**GBS 2021 participants will live in the OeAD student guesthouse, Gasgasse, category A+1. They can stay there from 16 July – 15 August 2021.
All participants must pay for the following:
- Travel tickets to Vienna (if applicable)
- Insurances (health and household insurance)
- Food and laundry during their stay in Austria (if applicable)
- Costs for obtaining a visa for Austria, only if needed
Fee for the GBS summer university Online 2.0
Regular participation fee: EUR 990,- (incl. VAT)
Scholarship recipient: EUR 490,- (incl. VAT)
Green.Building.Solutions. is organized by the OeAD student housing together with the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna and is a not for profit initiative. The academic course is a 3-week summer program on master-level. For successful participation students get a certificate on 7 ECTS!
Energy efficient housing: Students will have the possibility to live in one of Vienna's newest enegy-efficient dormitories by OeAD student housing EITHER for the whole duration of the Summer University PLUS an additional week after the program OR for 2 summer weeks in 2022 - all without added cost.
So far, the GBS summer program hosted more than 340 participants from over 70 nations! The backgrounds from the participants - coming from all around the world for this special training course in sustainable architecture and building science - are among others:
- Engineers: building, process, mechanical, energy, civil, electrical, ...
- Architects, urban planners, constructors ...
- Economists, marketers, project developers.
We also invite people with study fields like resource planning, ecology, landscape planning to apply for the summer program. Our focus lies on academics as well as on professionals. If you are a professional who can only participate for a shorter period of time please contact us and ask for special conditions.
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organizations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Selected students could participate in the program for as little as Euro 490,--! .
Requirements to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Masterlevel and field of study
- Average of grades and study progress
- Experiences in fields of architecture, planning and other relevant topics (basic knowledge in building physics, etc. is needed)
- Qualification, motivation letter, aptitude
- Very good English language skills.
Application for GBS 2022 will open December 2021.
Please be aware that you only can apply for a scholarship, if you are a still a student (and not a professional /employee). If you are already full time working, probably there is a way to be funded by your employer to take part in Green.Building.Solutions., as the company might also take advantage from the knowledge you gain in the summer course.
Our scholarship program is partly financed by our partner companies and organisations.
Certificate & grading
All GBS participants will receive a certificate showing 7 ECTS and the modules of the curriculum after a successful completion. Students who have applied until April 12th, 2021 will additionally receive an official university certificate on 7 ECTS-credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU).
If you are not sure about the crediting at your home university, please make sure to clarify this in advance. If there are questions, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project work in teams: During the third week of the summer university there is a final project work (done in groups). Participants are graded on the basis of that design work. In 2020, students worked on the topic of the historical Otto-Wagner-Areal in Vienna, which is to be used as a university campus of the Central European University. The task was to renovate according to criteria of EnergyPLUS, while maintaining its historical character and heritage protection. Find some examples of the final posters of the projects 2020 here.
After the application
After a successful application you will receive a nomination via email. In general admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent after the end of the regular application period. The participation fee shall be paid within two weeks after nomination for the participation to the contracting partner OeAD student housing (payment details will be transmitted in the nomination mail). Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination.
The OeAD Student Housing Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the program starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the program starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the program.