Costs & Scholarships
Fee for the AEMS summer school
Regular participation: EUR 1.390,– (incl. VAT)
Scholarship recipient: EUR 490,- (incl. VAT)
Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems is an academic course. If completed successfully, BOKU-students or "MitbelegerInnen" from other Austrian universities acquire 5 ECTS credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). Foreign students get a BOKU certificate that needs to be acknowledged by your home university. You can find more information about this here.
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organizations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Thanks to this sponsorship program we're able to offer regular participation to selected students for a reduced fee of EUR 490,- (incl. VAT).
Be sure to apply early!
Included in this fee:
- Certificate of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU University) for 5 ECTS
- Exclusive program of lectures, discussions, excursions and workshops with world class experts in the field
- Access to tailored content and specialized documentation prepared by experts especially for the program
- Dedicated staff to support on all aspects and answer your queries for the whole duration of the program
- Accomodation for the duration of the program in an OeAD student housing dormitory in Vienna
After the application
After a successful application you will be contacted via email. Admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent starting Mid-May. Regular participants will be frequently updated on their current status, as well.
Admitted students will receive a nomination via email. Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination. (You will receive the payment details together with the nomination.)
Our Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the programm starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the programm starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the programm.
Students are offered accommodation in a resource efficient dormitory for the duration of the AEMS summer school (rooms reserved in an OeAD-dorm). The accommodation provides single rooms in living communities and is fully furnished with:
- personal kitchen box (dishes, cutlery and cookware)
- TV (free cable TV)
- telephone (passive, active only with calling card)
- free high-speed internet access (LAN)
- bedding (blanket, pillow, bed linen)
The rooms will be cleaned on a regular basis by our cleaning service. You'll also find laundry facilities and a communal space with free Wi-Fi on site.
Please be aware that costs for damages and missing furniture will have to be covered.