Provided Services & Social Activities
Included in your participation fee*:
- All costs for the lecturers and lecture hall reservations
- Fully furnished accommodation in an OeAD student dormitory with an option to extend the stay an extra week at no extra cost
- Local transit tickets for the duration of the summer university
- All costs related to lecture-related activities (trip to IIASA in Laxenburg)
- One dinner at a typical Austrian restaurant together with all other students
- Evening events as shown in the program, including one movie night
- Some light refreshments during the lectures
- Full support from local program manager and tutors
*Subject to change according to Austrian COVID-19 measures in place next summer
All participants must pay for the following:
- Travel tickets to Vienna
- Insurances (health and household insurance)
- Food and laundry during their stay in Austria
- Costs for obtaining a visa for Austria, if needed
Fee for the AEMS summer school
Regular participation: EUR 1.390,– (incl. VAT)
Scholarship recipient: EUR 490,- (incl. VAT)
Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems is an academic course. If completed successfully, BOKU-students or "MitbelegerInnen" from other Austrian universities acquire 5 ECTS credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). Foreign students get a BOKU certificate that needs to be acknowledged by your home university.
Early Bird Tickets!
We have a special goodie for you!
Register until April 1, 2021 and pay a reduced participation fee of EUR 1.200,- (incl. VAT). Don't miss out on this offer and apply today!
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organizations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Thanks to this sponsorship program we're able to offer regular participation to selected students for a reduced fee of EUR 490,- (incl. VAT).
Have a look at our partners here and be sure to apply early!
After the application
After a successful application you will be contacted via email. Admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent starting Mid-May. Regular participants will be frequently updated on their current status, as well.
Admitted students will receive a nomination via email. Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination. (You will receive the payment details together with the nomination.)
Our Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the programm starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the programm starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the program.
Students are offered accommodation in a resource efficient dormitory for the duration of the AEMS summer school (rooms reserved in an OeAD-dorm). The accommodation provides single rooms in living communities and is fully furnished with:
- personal kitchen box (dishes, cutlery and cookware)
- TV (free cable TV)
- telephone (passive, active only with calling card)
- free high-speed internet access (LAN)
- bedding (blanket, pillow, bed linen)
The rooms will be cleaned on a regular basis by our cleaning service. You'll also find laundry facilities and a communal space with free Wi-Fi on site.
Please be aware that costs for damages and missing furniture will have to be covered.