Provided Services & Social Activities
Included in your participation fee*:
- Certificate of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU University) for 5 ECTS
- Exclusive online access to world class experts in the field through lectures, live sessions and personal exchanges
- Access to tailored content and specialized documentation prepared by experts especially for the program
- Dedicated staff to support on all aspects and answer your queries for the whole duration of the program
- Accommodation in a fully furnished student guest house in Vienna during the entire three-week AEMS in 2021 PLUS one extra week for free!*
- Special goodie: If you can’t come to Vienna in 2021 you will get a voucher for a stay in one of the OeAD student guesthouses for two summer weeks in 2022 – for free!
*AEMS 2021 participants will live in the OeAD student guesthouse, Gasgasse, category A+1. They can stay there from 16 July – 15 August 2021.
All participants must pay for the following:
- Travel tickets to Vienna (if applicable)
- Insurances (health and household insurance)
- Food and laundry during their stay in Austria (if applicable)
- Costs for obtaining a visa for Austria, if needed
Fee for the AEMS summer school Online 2.0
Regular participation: EUR 990,– (incl. VAT)
Scholarship recipient: EUR 490,- (incl. VAT)
Alternative Economic and Monetary Systems is an academic course. If completed successfully, BOKU-students or "MitbelegerInnen" from other Austrian universities acquire 5 ECTS credits from the University of National Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). Foreign students get a BOKU certificate that needs to be acknowledged by your home university.
Student Scholarship Program
We cooperate with several companies and organizations to provide student grants for outstanding applicants in need of financial aid. Thanks to this sponsorship program we're able to offer regular participation to selected students for a reduced fee of EUR 490,- (incl. VAT).
Have a look at our partners here and be sure to apply early!
Application for AEMS 2022 will open December 2021.
After the application
After a successful application you will be contacted via email. Admissions (as well as the scholarship assignments) will be sent starting Mid-May. Regular participants will be frequently updated on their current status, as well.
Admitted students will receive a nomination via email. Please transfer the participation fee within one week after receiving the nomination. (You will receive the payment details together with the nomination.)
Our Withdrawal or Deferral Refund Policy applies from the moment of nomination, acceptance and payment of the fee. The participation can be cancelled until two weeks before the program starts for a cancellation fee of 20%. If the participation is cancelled within two weeks before the program starts: the cancellation fee will be 50%. No refunds can be given after the starting of the program.
Special Goodie 2021
Students are offered accommodation in a resource efficient dormitory in the most liveable city - Vienna - EITHER for the duration of the AEMS summer school 2021 PLUS 1 extra week OR for 2 summer weeks in 2022 - (rooms reserved in an OeAD-dorm).
The accommodation provides single rooms in living communities and is fully furnished with:
- personal kitchen box (dishes, cutlery and cookware)
- TV (free cable TV)
- telephone (passive, active only with calling card)
- free high-speed internet access (LAN)
- bedding (blanket, pillow, bed linen)
The rooms will be cleaned on a regular basis by our cleaning service. You'll also find laundry facilities and a communal space with free Wi-Fi on site. Please be aware that costs for damages and missing furniture will have to be covered.